fbpx

We can ask our data: How am I doing with my health today? - Omics Help Desk

Home Forums A Plan to Study Your Health We can ask our data: How am I doing with my health today?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    patyb
    Keymaster

This is not possible yet if by data we envision the data from a sensor that measures all of our molecules, bacteria, metabolites floating daily in our body and combines it with data from our doctor visits and our genome sequences. But it is possible in a more narrow scope such as what Fitbit offers. Excerpt of the article below: “People, like you, are taking control of something conventional wisdom has told us is not ours to understand: our health. Why are we fat? What makes us feel sluggish? What causes our disease? How can I improve? Today, we ask our doctors. Tomorrow, we will ask our data.”

markus
    Participant

I think with the continuous evolution of science of medicine, more and more things will become possible in the future. I hope treatment to life-threatening diseases will become available in the future as well.

Bioinformatician
    Participant

Treatments to life-threatening diseases already exists but they are not personalized, not customized to a person and his or her (meta/epi)genome, lifestyle, etc. This should change in the next 5 years with moire omics in the clinic and drug research. The best solution is not to need treatment for many diseases because people have figured out how to stay healthy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Save Filter