fbpx

Studying with mental health problems? - Omics Help Desk

Home Forums A Plan to Study Your Health Studying with mental health problems?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    johnbelley
    Participant

I have paranoid schizophrenia and have had it for 6 years. I have been relapsing a lot more in the past year and its been affecting my studying.

I used to be amazing at studying, but now I am finding it difficult because of the Voices and intrusive Thoughts, as well as the paranoia that increases my anxiety.

Does anyone have any tips for me to study more efficiently while fighting the Demons within?

noah
    Participant

I’d say record yourself saying things you need to know..then put it on your ipod or mp3 player..
    and listen to in on shuffle or on repete of the playlist of you saying things you need to know…
    you’ll hear it and learn it..
    maybe even record it..listen and follow along..

johnbelley
    Participant

@noah
    Seems good suggest. But what if it wont work ?

noah
    Participant

if that doesn’t help.. maybe talk with your doctor about chaning meds if you’re on them. btw which you take most ?

johnbelley
    Participant

I take Haloperidol 20mg, Olanzapine 5mg and Procyclidine 10mg a day.

liam
    Participant

Are you on medication and in therapy? Perhaps the doctor needs to change things.

alex
    Participant

Every one has his own problem don’t notice your problem find something more interesting than studying sth like love or art there are more interesting for you bro

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by alex.
    johnbelley
    Participant

@liam
    Yes iam on medication and in therapy

@alex

Thanks for motivation really appreciate

Lifetimeomics
    Participant

Paranoia and anxiety makes the brain release stress hormones like “cortisol”. This causes a dark cycle in which the body reacts with inflammation which in turn creates more stress and anxiety. While it is hard for most people to fight anxiety on their own, nobody is a slave to their genes or their environment or past experiences. I would recommend doing research on psychological therapies or mindfulness therapies. Science is showing a lot of good results from mindful meditation practices. Focusing on a good diet and exercise also helps bring back a good balance in life. I recommend measuring your microbiome before and after you start the new dark-mood busting health strategies. The microbiome has been shown to be directly connected to our moods.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Save Filter