fbpx

Are genotype findings enough to determine proper nutrition for individuals? - Omics Help Desk

Home Forums 23andMe, Ancestry and other genotyping services Are genotype findings enough to determine proper nutrition for individuals?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    WilliamStone
    Participant

Something I have been seeing a lot lately is that these types of tests can provide proper information for healthy eating and nutrition based on genes and genetic make-up. I am just wondering if this kind of testing is actually able to uncover this or if this is just a scam to get more people to buy testing. For the cost, I just can’t imagine these companies being able to provide this level of personalized information.

SammyP
    Participant

If the genes can tell you which diseases you’re susceptible to, then it makes sense that they would be able to provide information for healthy eating and nutrition

patyb
    Keymaster

Genotype results may reveal if for example you are gluten intolerant, but you have a lot more information related to your diet when you do microbiome testing. See https://omicshelpdesk.com/forums/forum/microbiome-metagenomics-and-metatranscriptomics/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Save Filter